This v/s That arghhhhh.............

27 July 2008

So, this is after a long time that I am updating my blog, perhaps this is the first post after migrating from my previous wordpress blog (& have not still managed to import comments from that blog :( ), yes & that is the cause of dilemma!! I had kind of stuck between whether to use wordpress or blogger & of course I mean the free ones.

Both of them have there own merits & demerits, like the main demerit from my point of view for wordpress is that you can't edit the CSS, that means you have to use selected few themes available & thats it, I like to experiment with blog skins & I like to change it till I find its most suitable to my likes & dislikes!! Secondly, you don't have access to adsense on wordpress, not that I want to install adsense on my blog, but you like to be given a option, right?!!

Now demerits of blogger's is..... you don't have a integrated Blog Stats feature, you have to rely on third party stuffs, comments are not embedded, importing/exporting a blog  plus a few more stuffs like you have   no post break feature (though for which I can easily edit the CSS) BUT, from what I read at the Blogger Buzz, the above mentioned demerits are going to be fixed, also they are gonna integrate stats with google analytics, so I think, that should be cool & makes me stick to here!! :D
Though, I think, if I upgrade, I may probably switch to wordpress-perhaps!!

Anyways, I am on look out for a customizable blog template, would like to change the header graphics & stuffs but probably will postpone it till the beta becomes final!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to Musings! If you like the article you just read you can subscribe here to get updates via RSS or opt to have them sent directly to your inbox.

I appreciate your feedback so please feel free to comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin