Testing and Trying Disqus Commenting System (Edit)

30 July 2009

Well, I am testing the Disqus Commenting System for my blog, if everything works fine, I will be using it henceforth. Blogger's default commenting system is something that I don't really like much and I really wish they change and improvise it!

There are some other third party commenting systems like, Intense Debate and JS-Kit, but I finally chose Disqus. I think it is cool, the only disadvantage with Disqus that I found is: if you remove it or decide not to use it all the comments (given to you whilst using this system) also disappears, I hope Disqus finds out some workaround for that too.

Anyways, let's see how it works!


Edit:

As you might notice, I have removed Disqus after using it for couple of days. Although, it is far more better than Blogger's commenting system, it has a limitation as I have mentioned above, that is your comments would disappear if you decide not to use it.

Secondly, couple of days that I used it, there was a problem with Disqus's server (tweet), it was down for half an hour and not only the comment box but all the comments disappeared, so I just thought, what if there server had a major problem? I just feel, it is not a good idea to use it with Blogger/blogspot blogs because the comments are not sync and saved locally like they have with Wordpress. I just think, it is not a good idea, to have somebody else have control over your blog's comment. I just hope, Blogger improves it's default commenting system!


3 comments:

Andy M. said...

I like using Disqus on non-blogging based websites. I am doing a wedding website now for a friend and let people post remarks that way. However (like you) I just stick with my platforms (WP) default setup for commenting.

dezign Musings said...

I think, WP's default commenting sysytem is great and there is no much need of installing third party app except if you need too many fatures including updates from social medias.

Blogger/Blogspot's commenting system is no that good, Google really should improvise on that. Instead of all so many options they should stick to 3 main fields and maybe have the gravatars enabled or maybe make it more better.

Unlike WP Disqus ain't synced locally with Blogger/blogspot blogs which is a limitation. Though many bloggers from both platforms and others have switched to Disqus maybe because it offers quite lot of features.

poker training said...

I think disqus is an excellent way to go...Wordpress kills me with the commenting system that they are using, I just love the simplicity and look of Disqus!

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to Musings! If you like the article you just read you can subscribe here to get updates via RSS or opt to have them sent directly to your inbox.

I appreciate your feedback so please feel free to comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin