Some New Thoughts

07 February 2009

Okay maybe not entirely a "new" thought, but I have no idea for a title at the moment and what I am gonna say is new for my blog! - I just had this thought yesterday and I am all set to execute that idea, so starting with next post, I will be regularly featuring artist whose works are truly inspirational and leaves me mesmerized with the sheer quality of there creativity!

Ironically, I started writing this blog because I wanted to share my thoughts and talk about art(and that's why the name dezign "Musings"), not only digital art but also traditional art, poetry, prose and any other medias through which so many talented artists express there creativity, but somewhere in-between I lost my focus and have only posted about graphic design and digital arts (which no doubt are my area, but I am extremely fond of other art medias as well) and I don't want my blog to be just about writing tutorials or tips or about sharing graphic resources. And, above all this is my personal blog and I don't want it to be like a tutorial blog, but a blog where I can express my thoughts on creativity without any pride or prejudice (I have some more ideas but it is a bit early to say more at the moment).

No doubt short tutorials/tips and graphic chats will be a important part of my blog; on and off I will be also featuring artists from all walks of life whom I discover whilst my internet journey. So often, I stumble upon so many cool artists, maybe not out and out digital artist, maybe not so famous but still having there very own fan following, there very own loyal clients and there very own area of expertise. Just observing the works of this artists can be so inspirational and a learning experience in itself.

And, who as a artist does not know about "creativity block or designer's block"?....personally for me inspiration comes from sometimes observing the works of fellow designers and sometimes from completely different areas, sometimes just reading something or sometimes a picture in magazine or sometimes music and sometimes a beautiful poetry or a photograph!

And, like Erik Adigard aptly says,

Design is in everything we make, but it’s also between those things. It’s a mix of craft, science, storytelling, propaganda, and philosophy.
So yes lets muse about all things creative! And, I would love to hear your thoughts about the same.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

till nw u were jst fav. of mine.....bt nw m a fan of urs realy...:) its take a lot to even think wat u have written in thiz artical....realy appritiated....keep it up...
lods of luv
Arti

Anonymous said...

Fan?? Nooooo, don't be, just be what you are: my nice lil sis!! Thanks sweets for dropping by, I should catch you on gtalk! hmm

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to Musings! If you like the article you just read you can subscribe here to get updates via RSS or opt to have them sent directly to your inbox.

I appreciate your feedback so please feel free to comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin